fei student reps
THE FUNDING FOR THE FEI PROJECT HAS NOW COME TO AN END SO THE PROJECT IS NO LONGER STAFFED AND WE ARE UNABLE TO SUPPORT STUDENT REPS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO SUPPORT GARMENT WORKERS PLEASE GO TO THE SUPPORT US SECTION OF THE LABOUR BEHIND THE LABEL WEBSITE.
FEI student reps are people who want to get involved in the Fashioning an Ethical Industry project and take action to work towards improvements in the garment industry. We are open to applications from all over the UK but we are particularly interested in hearing from people from Scotland who are interested in getting involved in our NEW project to develop an Ethical Fashion Education Network in Scotland.
Whilst we don't ask a lot of you, the role involves:
- Emailing FEI monthly bulletins (or relevant bits of the bulletins) to everyone you can find at your college who is interested in the project.
- Sticking up FEI posters in parts of your of your college / university where lots of other students and tutors will see them.
- If you are based in Scotland we will invite you to attend the FEI project steering committee meetings to help guide the project in a direction that best meets the needs of students.
- Finding creative ways to inform students about the impact of the garment industry on workers and what they can do about it. We can support you to do this but the initiative must come from you. Other student reps have organised exhibitions, clothes swap, stalls, made presentations to students about FEI and more.
In return, FEI will:
- Offer you opportunities to attend and help out at FEI events
- Give you a reference to reflect your contribution to the project for your CV
- Give you the opportunity to attend an annual student reps event
If you would like to be a student rep, please send us an email or a letter giving:
The name of your college, the name of your course, how long your course is and what year you're in, why you would like to be a student rep (a few lines will do) and any other information you think it would be good for us to know.
Back to opportunities